Input the New offset value
After calculating the new offset value, it is now time to calibrate your soldering station to reflect the new value.
- When the card is inserted, the unit is set to the temperature setting mode and the left digit position starts to flash.
- While the left digit position is flashing, press "#" to change the temperature setting mode to the offset mode. (The 3-digit value displayed will show the current offset value.)
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to select "-" or "0" for the left digit position.
This toggles the display between "0" (+) and "-" (-), for a positive or negative value.
- Press "*" to make the center digit position flash.
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to select "0" to "5" for the center digit position.
- Press "*" to make the right digit position flash.
- Press the UP or DOWN arrow buttons to select "0" to "9" for the center digit position. If a value exceeding the offset value input range (-50ºC to 050ºC/090F to 090F) is input, the mode will return to the operation step No. 2.
- When the "*" button is pressed, the mode will return to the normal operation and be automatically adjusted to the set temperature. When completed, remove the card.
- Finally, confirm that the offset value has been set correctly. Measure the actual tip temperature with a tip thermometer and ensure that both actual temperature and set temperature are the same.
- In the event that there is still a discrepancy, reset the offset value to 0 and test the difference in temperature. From there, get the new offset value and input into the soldering station.