Hakko Soldering School (Singapore)
Hakko Soldering School (Singapore)
Kindly fill in this form after booking your session. A link will be sent via the confirmation email.
Join us for a 3 day soldering course* to learn industry-standard soldering, identify common mistakes and know how to correct them.
This soldering training class guides students on how to operate a soldering station, safely handle a soldering iron, understand tip tinning, create strong solder joints and how to desolder. The course also teaches how to solder surface mount and through-hole components to printed circuit boards, with a focus on micro-soldering and micro-components.
An additional day (total 4 days) can be selected to learn more about terminal soldering.
- Achieve quality in soldering
- Learn practical industry-standard techniques
- Acquire relevant soldering knowledge
- Guided by qualified trainers with industry experience
Please note: This course is currently not applicable for SkillsFuture/Gov grants.
Prerequisites: No prior knowledge required. Just come with an open mind and willingness to learn!
3-Day Soldering School available in Singapore only. For courses outside of Singapore, kindly email email@example.com.
(*4-Day Soldering School covers the 3-day soldering course on SMT and through-hole with an additional day for terminal soldering)
- 3 Consecutive days (or 4 Days with Terminal Soldering)
- 9am - 5pm (12nn-1pm lunch break)
Participants are required to complete all 3 consecutive days to be awarded the Certificate of Completion.
Day 1: Theory
- Fundamentals and principles of soldering
- Determining good and bad soldering habits
- Identifying good and bad solder joints
- Knowledge and selection of appropriate tools and materials
Day 2 & 3: Practical and Assessment (SMT & Through-Hole Soldering)
- Practical training on proper soldering techniques
- Creating strong solder joints
- Correcting common mistakes in soldering
- Practical training on Soldering Through-Hole Components
- Review on Soldering Through-Hole Components
- Practical training on Soldering Surface Mount Components
- Review on Soldering Surface Mount Components
Additional Day 4: Practical and Assessment (Terminal Soldering)
- Correcting common mistakes in Terminal soldering
- Practical training on Soldering Terminal Components
- Review on Soldering Terminal Components
Basic Theory (25%)
- What Constitutes Soldering?
- Introduction to Soldering Equipment – Terminology and How-to-use
- Types of Solder – Advantages and Disadvantages
- Types of Flux and Their Application
- Component Forming and Placing
- Judgement of Solder Joint
Practical Training (75%)
- Soldering Techniques (Through-hole)
- Soldering Techniques (Surface Mount)
- Soldering Techniques (Terminal) - (Applicable for 4-day course only)
Hakko Products Pte Ltd
1 Genting Link #02-04,
Perfect One, Singapore 349518
[Course is available in Singapore Only]
9am - 5pm (12nn-1pm lunch break)
*Kindly arrive on time for the course to start promptly
- All necessary training material will be provided, including components, PCB and equipment
- Step-by-step video and pictorial guide will be provided during course for practical training
- Certificate of attendance will be issued upon completion
- Curriculum compliant with quality standards IEC 61191 and JIS C 61191
- Strictly following the best-practice standards of Japan Welding Engineering Society (JWES)
- Certificate jointly issued and recognised by Hakko Corporation in Japan, valid for up to 3 years
*This is a physical course available in Singapore only. Kindly do not book if you are unable to attend our training location in Singapore.
Please note that there will be no refunds upon payment.