Testing your wrist strap with FG-470
Test your wrist straps in 2 simple steps!
- Connect the banana plug of the wrist strap into the jack at the front panel of FG-470.
- Place your hand on the silver pad while wearing the wrist strap (as shown in image above).
The LED will light up to indicate the pass/fail status:
- If static electricity is too high or low, the LED will light up the 'high' or 'low' bulbs accordingly.
- If the static range is right, the buzzer will sound and the LED will light up to indicate "pass".
Connecting the wrist strap to FG-470
There are three ways to connect the wrist strap to the FG-470 tester as shown on the image above.
- Connect the banana plug directly to FG-470.
- Pinch an alligator clip to the banana plug connected in FG-470.
- Connect a ground wire to FG-470 and pinch an alligator clip of the wrist strap to the ground wire.
Mounting the FG-470
The FG-470 can be mounted on the wall with screws in its holder (included). The device can also be portable and carried about the workplace.